Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC keeps turning off and on, how do i fix?

585 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
I need help with my pc

#2 ·
OK, in order to help you, you need to post a LOT more info;
1 Post ALL of your exact system specs ie exact motherboard, exact video card, etc, etc. If this is a big box ie dell, hp, whatever, post the exact brand, model# and service tag#
2 The title of your post says your system turns ON and then OFF. Does it ever complete POST or attempt to boot into windows OR do you not get any display at all?
3 Have you installed any new hardware and or software lately?

#6 ·
It is a big box HP Pavilion Gaming PC (Intel Core i5-10400F/1TB HDD/256GB SSD/12GB RAM/GTX 1650 SUPER)
Model Number: TG01-1109
THESE appear to be the product specifications for your HP Pavilion Gaming PC.
It appears to have only a 310W power supply, so I don't know if that's part of the problem.
crjdriver is one of our hardware diagnostic experts, so I'll leave you with him.

--------------------------------------------------

#4 ·
Do the following troubleshooting;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed from the pw supply
2 Pull the pw connectors from ALL drives; both hd and optical. If you have a M.2 type drive, remove it
3 Reseat ie remove and reinstall both atx and aux pw connectors on the motherboard. Note this probably has a proprietary type pw connector
4 Remove all ram. Blow the slots out with a can of air. Reinstall ram and be sure it is fully seated
5 Remove any add-in cards ie video, real sound card, whatever. Reinstall your video card and again be sure it is fully seated. Note there is a latch or lever that must be depressed in order to remove the card. Do not just yank it out; you will break something
6 Clear cmos with the clear pins. Read your manual for detailed instructions
7 Replace pw cord and attempt to pw ON. If the system completes POST, shutdown and start connecting devices one at a time until you find the failed part. If the system does not POST in the above config, then you are going to have to start swapping parts with known good units ie pw supply, motherboard, ram, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.