Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC lag when I close applications

965 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Dovla 
#1 ·
Hi everybody
I have a problem when i close applications the computers freezes for couple of seconds (sometimes i have to hard reset) and the audio lags. This pc isnt even a year old and i forgot to mention it sometimes happens when the computer is just idle or i am listening to music. And the oldest thing in the pc is the power supply. The freeze happens more when i close full screan applications.
And here are the specs:
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (Gigabyte)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
Ram 16gb
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME A320M-A (AM4)
If you have any ideas let me know.

#4 ·
What bios are you running? The latest bios has specific fixes for the 3xxx processors.
Next you need to list ALL of the exact system specs. 16gig of ram does not tell us much however 2x8gig of corsair xxx123 would tell us a lot more. Post the exact brand and model# for ALL parts including the pw supply.

#6 ·
What bios are you running? The latest bios has specific fixes for the 3xxx processors.
Next you need to list ALL of the exact system specs. 16gig of ram does not tell us much however 2x8gig of corsair xxx123 would tell us a lot more. Post the exact brand and model# for ALL parts including the pw supply.
SMBIOSBIOSVersion
Kingston HyperX DDR4 8GB 3200mhz XMP Predator
2 sticks
and i forgot to mention i have an ssd and a 500gb hard disk
Kingston SSD 240Gb
and for the pw supply
LC-Power 550W LC6550GP2 V2.2 its really old but not sure how much
If there is anything else i missed let me know

#8 ·
No, updating your bios does not void your warranty however IF you screw it up and brick the board, there is no warranty. Any bios update is done at the owner's risk.

You have a very low end pw supply and whether or not it is causing your problem, IF it were me, I would replace it with a quality unit.

#9 ·
No, updating your bios does not void your warranty however IF you screw it up and brick the board, there is no warranty. Any bios update is done at the owner's risk.

You have a very low end pw supply and whether or not it is causing your problem, IF it were me, I would replace it with a quality unit.
Any suggestion for a pw supply thats not too expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.