1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC laggin down

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tsdeane, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsdeane

tsdeane Thread Starter

I have a trouble with any and all of my Internet connected programs. (except basic IE). in my attempts to resolve it I gone so far as to re-install win XP home. now I have Dx90c that I cannot seem to get rid of. I cannot load dx90b as the 90c is what is DL and installed. i suspect it is part of my problem as my lagging started with that being on my system. I had auto update & install working with out my knowledge.
    i have not re-loaded any of my utilities and in trying to work my simplest online program i constantly am getting micro freezes. I am even getting booted to my desktop.
    I checked compatibility modes, and also looked into running procs via the taskmanager. I do not have enough info on procs but seeing svchost.exe running 6 times makes me kinda wonder.
    I have done a scan of my system via the online scanner at the pandasoftware website and see nothing amiss there. I do not have adaware nor do I have trojancleaner atm.

2. mobo

mobo

Download Adaware Se from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/
    In Ad-aware click the Gear to go to the Settings area.
    The following items should be on a green check, not on a red X.
    Under the Scanning button:Scan within archives
    Under Memory & Registry, Check EVERYTHING
    In Check Drives & Folders, make sure all of your hard drives are selected
    Under the Advanced button, Check
    Move deleted files to recycle bin
    Include additional object information
    Include negligible object information
    Include environment information
    Under the defaults button Set the homepage you wish to have set as default.
    Under the tweak button
    Some of these may not be an available option, depending on your version of Ad-aware and your version of Windows. Do not be concerned if you cannot select a certain item.

In Scanning Engine:Unload recognized processes during scanning
    Include info about ignored objects in logfile, if detected in scan
    Include basic Ad-aware settings in logfile
    Include additional Ad-aware settings in logfile
    Include used command line parameters in logfile
    In Cleaning Engine: XP/2000: Allow unloading explorer to unload shell extensions prior to deletion
    Let Windows remove files in use at next reboot
    UNCHECK: Automatically try to unregister objects prior to deletion
    Click Proceed to save these settings. When you would like to perform a "Full Scan," switch the scan mode from SmartScan to Custom

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
    Press that, save the log, load it in Notepad, and copy its contents here. [​IMG]

Most of what it lists
    will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

3. tsdeane

tsdeane Thread Starter

reloaded windows. the SP2 was my trouble. PC cannot handle it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!