1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc lagging , slowing down noticeably

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by SeinLb, May 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeinLb

SeinLb Thread Starter

First Name:
    Sein
    My pc was ok , just fast and ok , suddenly it started slowing down really good and responses became so dull that windows stopped responding and had to either wait till it responds or restart windows 7 . I downloaded a game called blur and the game launcher .exe was some kind of a malware or Trojan. I scanned my pc and removed two files via Avira anti-virus from the local disk c . Then I made a clean installation of windows 7 again but the lag is still there and responses are still lagging and very slow . I tried cleaning the case with air , might made a slight small change but the lagging comes back and is still there . I want to ask , is it a virus thing, hardware thing, software I doubt since it was working fine and after the clean installation no difference . Mayday mayday ! Man down people

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

If this is a fresh install, there's a good chance it's running slowly because it's downloading a lot of updates. I'd advise you to have a look at this thread, which will help you get your machine up to date.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!