1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC living in an Apple enviroment

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by jgbagels, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgbagels

jgbagels Thread Starter

I have a laptop running Windows XP. My work is now taking me into a very Apple friendly world. I am hoping to be able to hang onto my PC laptop, but am wondering what I need to be able to connect to Apple networks, use Apple printers (not on network) and read Apple Word and Excel documents. Any advice or software suggestions for me?

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

What version OS is running on the Macs?

I *think* the newest version networks more friendly.

In the past, I've used PCMacLAN to make my PC be able to communicate with a Mac. I believe Word and Excel documents can be saved to a PC format, I know that I've received documents from Mac users.

3. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

If it is an OSX workplace, you shouldnt have many problems. (Or if you do, just beg to the admin to turn on some of the more general features (SMB etc.) OS9, you will need a converter program. You hould really look into getting your work to buy you a mac, seeing as you are coming to work there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219633

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice