PC living in an Apple enviroment

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jgbagels

I have a laptop running Windows XP. My work is now taking me into a very Apple friendly world. I am hoping to be able to hang onto my PC laptop, but am wondering what I need to be able to connect to Apple networks, use Apple printers (not on network) and read Apple Word and Excel documents. Any advice or software suggestions for me?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
What version OS is running on the Macs?

I *think* the newest version networks more friendly.

In the past, I've used PCMacLAN to make my PC be able to communicate with a Mac. I believe Word and Excel documents can be saved to a PC format, I know that I've received documents from Mac users.

If it is an OSX workplace, you shouldnt have many problems. (Or if you do, just beg to the admin to turn on some of the more general features (SMB etc.) OS9, you will need a converter program. You hould really look into getting your work to buy you a mac, seeing as you are coming to work there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online