PC Lock up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GUSMAN

Hi all
as I play a lot of games especially counter strike source I recently upgraded my pc.

I bought an Athlon 3700 64, an Asus A8n-sli mobo and a GT 7800 Graphics card, with 64 bit Xp. Everything was fine then I had to reinstall windows as I wanted to partiton the drive and partition magic would not appear to work. (It was no big deal really)

Since then whenever I try to play a game my pc locks up solid within minutes, whatever game it is. It was fine before the reinstall, now the only thing I have done different to my knowledge is used the drivers off the disk for the card where as I downloaded them off the nvidia website the first time. But im not sure if this would make a difference.

The card is cool and the system cpu is running at around 40-42 degrees (when I was able to play a game) I have not messed with any Overclocking nonsense, so should I maybe uninstall the drivers and try them off nvida site if anyone fels that would be a big deal?

Cheers

Gus

The drivers on the CD would more than likely be the first Nvidia drivers to supported the card so there going to be buggy. Download the 81.98 drivers from the Nvidia site.
Remember to uninstall the existing drivers before installing the new ones.

GUSMAN

Cheers Guys

I wrote this in a rush this morning b4 shooting off to Uni so havent had a chance to try it, I will definately get back to you later with the result.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Gus

GUSMAN

Wanted to leave it a bit till I tried the game, getting blistering frame rates now no lock ups whatsoever.

Thanks a lot guys much apppreciated

Gus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online