1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc locking up,graphical corruption,audio corruption

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by -Firestorm-, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. -Firestorm-

-Firestorm- Thread Starter

Up untill today my PC has been working a-ok. I first encountered the problem when i was palying a online mmo. After a couple of hours playing i entered a world and some graphical corruption occured where green pixels seem to appear in bands where the lighter colours where. After a short while the pc locked up,with loads of green pixels appearing and the last split second of sound caught in a loop.Nothing worked,mouse keyboard,even the lights for numlock,scroll lock and capslock did not respond to the keys being pressed.it has happened almost every time i tried a game since then.

I rebooted my pc and it was fine untill i was loging into the pc,where more of the same graphical corruption occured,when i logged in after a short while the pc froze on my desktop and hr monitor lost signal.after a few seconds it came back on an a message appeqred in the corner by the toolbar saying Kernel driver 258.96 had failed but had been recovered, his happened a few times. Windows works perfect in safe mode and i updated the graphics card drivers to try and resolve this but it did not work,i am posting this off my iPod so pardon the bad spelling,will upload a picture or video tomorrow wih more info if needed.
    Runnng on a packard bell iXtreme with a quad core cpu and Nvidia 8400GS grqphics card. Hope somebody has a solution .thanks.

2. Sponsor

3. jujuswift

jujuswift

That does sound like a Graphic card issues, can you remove the card and run on the onboard video, update the on board and see if the issue occurs, then you can go back to installing the GC again with fresh driver, hopefully that will isolate the problem.

4. -Firestorm-

Would have done that,bit there isnt an onboard : /

5. jujuswift

jujuswift

Bummer nonintegrated board huh, you're in a tight spot m8, since all this happens even outside of you gaming then it would require some hardware testing, perhaps a friend can assist by trying their GC in your motherboard or visa versa, had a friend who had the same issue with an old MSI MB and it turned out it was the MB at fault so be careful.

6. -Firestorm-

Guess it was the GC,i had an old 7300GS card laying about,installed it and it works fine,thanks for ur help anyway

7. jujuswift

jujuswift

Sorry but hope you get a better card soon.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/951726