1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC losses connection after a few minutes of startup

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Notnate, Mar 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notnate

Notnate Thread Starter

Hi so recently my PC has been losing connection after a few min of startup, shows a "no internet, secured". I use an AMD PCI Controller, or an ethernet cable, no one have worked. I've tried updating my drivers though no attempt is successful, have been using things like driver easy or like your usual YouTube look up with no prevail. I could not be using it right or could be a whole diffrent problem.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Whenever the network icon says 'no internet' but does not have a red X, it means you are connected, but it cannot translate web addresses like 'google.com' into an ip address. IP addresses are needed to traverse the internet. The piece that translates names like google.com into ip addresses is called a DNS server. Every ISP is running at least one. And there are some public DNS servers too, like Google's.

Try manually setting a DNS server ip to google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. See here for how to: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-pcs-dns-settings-windows-10

3. Notnate

Notnate Thread Starter

Thank you I'll try it out tomorrow

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224892

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice