PC New Build - No Signal to Monitor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rshulman1

Hello,

I have recently built my first PC with the following spec:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5
RAM: Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 2x8 Gb
PSU: Corsair: RM650 Gold ATX
Graphics: GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GDDR5
SSD: Kingston 240Gb a400

When I go to boot up the PC - initially everything starts up as normal, then after 5 seconds the fan of the PSU and Graphics card stops while the CPU and System fans carry on as normal (aswell as Motherboard LEDs). However, after trying the HDMI ports of both Motherboard & Graphics card, there is no signal to the monitor.

crjdriver

First of all, have you read the guide at the top of the hw forum for problem builds? If not, do so. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your no POST problem.
I am wondering, why build a system with 3yr old parts? The 1xxx series of processors came out in March of 17. Your motherboard is also 3yr old. Are these new parts or used?

Common errors for new builders;
1 The 8/12pin aux/cpu pw connector is not plugged in
2 Motherboard shorted due to incorrect placement of standoffs
3 Parts not compatible. Possible in this case. There are 3 different 1600 processors; a 1600X, a 1600 summit ridge, and a 1600 pinnacle ridge. If it is the latter processor, your board needs bios F20 or later to run that cpu. The other two are supported from the release bios on.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online