PC No Display

Skooge15

My pc specs
Z97 Gaming 3 MSI motherbaord
Intel i7 4790k
Cooler master 212 evo CPU fan
8gb of pony ram
Rose will basic gaming mouse and key

I have no idea what could be wrong with my pc, I've tried cleaning the ram and using different kinds of cables to connect my pc but no matter what it is plugged into I dont get a signal... I've tried dvi and hdmi and any other youtube tricks to try and get my pc to display but still nothing. Please someone help

Skooge15

Also I am running onboard graphics I've also tried plugging a dvi cord into a old amd graphics card and still nothing

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Do you get any sort of display on the screen, even if it's only for a few seconds just after you switch on ?

Try testing the Monitor on another computer.

Skooge15

Do you get any sort of display on the screen, even if it's only for a few seconds just after you switch on ?

Try testing the Monitor on another computer.
I dont have another computer to test it on but I had tried plugging it into my TV with hdmi after trying dvi on my monitor, still nothing and no my monitor never displays anything just says no signal and goes into power saving

Skooge15

My pc specs
Z97 Gaming 3 MSI motherbaord
Intel i7 4790k
Cooler master 212 evo CPU fan
8gb of pony ram
Rose will basic gaming mouse and key

I have no idea what could be wrong with my pc, I've tried cleaning the ram and using different kinds of cables to connect my pc but no matter what it is plugged into I dont get a signal... I've tried dvi and hdmi and any other youtube tricks to try and get my pc to display but still nothing. Please someone help
My keyboard lights up for a second once I power my pc and then nothing as well I really have no clue

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The keyboard light is the only sign of life ? Could be Power Supply.

Skooge15

I just replaced the power supply with a 450 watt corsair power supply and I tried a different tv with a different hdmi cable and still nothing

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If the keyboard light is all that happens, with no lights on the case or fans spinning inside, my guess would be a motherboard fault.

Skooge15

And I had a 450w raidmax atx before and no problems I originally thought power supply to but still a no go
If the keyboard light is all that happens, with no lights on the case or fans spinning inside, my guess would be a motherboard fault.
My stock fan in back of pc is spinning and so is my processor fan but still no display I've tried even resetting cmos

When you power on....do you hear the post beep? When installing the CPU cooler....did you use thermal paste? How much did you use? Did you remove the clear plastic protective cover from bottom of CPU cooler. Is the CPU cooler correctly mounted?

Now the CPU: is the CPU correctly oriented in the mobo socket? Are there any bent pins in the mobo socket? Is the socket retaining lever correctly inplace.

Skooge15

I dont hear any beeps at all. And yes I used artic thermal paste and I would day I used a decent amount about a nickel sized blob. I did remove the the paper from the bottom of the CPU. And it definitely is mounted correctly I had this problem even before I put in the 212 evo when I was using a stock fan for the i7 4790k. And the processor is the only part I haven't changed but before replacing fan I checked it out and all seemed normal.

I would day I used a decent amount about a nickel sized blob
I would start here:
You might have to much on there. You only need a pea sized amount and then either spread it out evenly or mount the cooler and let the pressure spread it out. The later is the preferred.

Skooge15

I would start here:
You might have to much on there. You only need a pea sized amount and then either spread it out evenly or mount the cooler and let the pressure spread it out. The later is the preferred.
Update:
I cleaned up both the processor and connector end on the fan and reduced the amount I used now there's a constantly beeping blue light on my motherboard after I powered up any idea on what that could be, also still no display tho after trying dvi and hdmi again even tried 3 diff hdmi cords I'm thinking it could be something wrong with the ports possibly not too sure tho

You're not going to get a signal until it POST.

Check your mobo manual for beep codes and what the blue light is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online