1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC not able to open Window

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wongmg, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wongmg

wongmg Thread Starter

Hi, I'm using Window XP sp2 OS, as usual, yesterday i went to "Misrosoft Window Update" to update those Critical Patch Files. Since then my pc couldn't access Window and same things happen if i restart my pc. It happen exactly just after i key-in the log-in passwords. i also have reformated my PC and it work very fine. after that i tried to update the Critical Patch Files again and same problem happen again.
    Anyone have any clue please help?

2. natcom

natcom

im sure you know by now that is one of the Critical updates that is doing that to your pc
    check if you can boot to safe mode and remove the one update at the time on still you find the one that is doing that to your computer if you cant boot to safe mode then doing a repair install of windows xp can fix your boot problems but you will have to update again to SP2 if you dont have a windows xp with sp2 that is here is how you do a repair install http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330684

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice