1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC not booting up?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by samuelb07, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samuelb07

samuelb07 Thread Starter

Hi, Just turned my PC on and it boots up with Run in Safe mode, Run Windows Normally etc.

Just found out that someone just pulled out the plug.

I choose Run Windows Normally, then it comes up with the boot screen for like 2 seconds then it reboots and does the same thing.

What should I do?

2. omuyelijah

omuyelijah

Hi Samuelb07,

Sounds like ur O.S. might have a serious crash. If u have the original XP Cd that u used 2 install the system, slot it in, ensure that cdrom boot is first option from BIOS. Boot the pc with the cd inserted and go for repair option.
    HOW?
    When asked after loading files, select setup xp on system. the next screen will detect ur windows installation and ask for repair. Go ahead by pressing R.

Fear not. Repair will not destroy ur files but put d system in good shape.

Just in case u need to know the exact blue screen error; When u start ur system, press F8 and select disable system an option that looks like Disable automatic restart on system failure.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

3. Bilbo9

Bilbo9

Hi guys,

Just looking at a friend's Dell XP machine, in the NTFS here the volume is also said to be dirty.
    Disc check runs automatically & seemingly successfully on startup, then restarts. On the restart it just hangs and does not boot into XP. Hangs with a blank black screen, though mouse responds. i left it there for 5 mins - and nothing ... The PC won't respond on the black screen - won't even turn off ... have to turn off at the powerpoint. i am currently leaving it longer to see if it actually boots in to XP.
    Is this a problem with the harddrive itself do you think, data corrupting or frying itself?? i don't know what was happening on the PC before hand to cause the problem ... just the symptoms afterwards...

Any hints would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Bilbo

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697573

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice