1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC not connecting to heatpump router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Manolo69, Nov 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manolo69

Manolo69 Thread Starter

Hi. I'm a dinosaur when it comes to computers and therefore need help. I have a air to water heatpump (Toshiba) which I used to control from the desktop. Now it's not connecting anymore and I can't switch on the heating, brrrrr. What happened? Since installing home wifi the stick that used to connect the desktop to the router at heatpump is taken over by the tp links system for the internet. It worked before, so in April I still was able to connect to heatpump for switching off the heating. What do I have to do??? Thanks

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Manolo69, and welcome to TSG.

If you want your computer to connect to the Internet and to the heat pump, I suspect you will need to have the heat pump connect to the router you are using for the Internet.

That may be about all the information we can give you without knowing the manufacturers and exact model numbers for all of the networked hardware involved.

3. imstewart

imstewart

First Name:
    Ian
    Hi, you stated that you heat pump uses a TP Link system, It this going over the power cables, if so check that the 2 devices are switched on and can see each other. There is a pairing button that you need to press to allow the devices to find each other. Check that the network cables are connected at both ends.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218697

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice