Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC Not starting after flight

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  CalebChap15 
#1 ·
I recently flew to another state and I had to bring my pc with me for work. I put it in a hard case suitcase lined with velvet fabric that was also polyester I think. The pc was workings perfectly fine when I packed it but when I took it out after the flight it stopped working. It wasn't turnig on but nothing looked damage. I took out the psu and to see if I saw a blown fuse or anything. Its a msi A650gf. Nothing in it appeared damage so I put it back I checked the cables but nothing looked damage everything appears the same. I realized though that when I would turn on the psu flip it would cause my led on the usb extender to turn on then turn off. The power button isn't doing anything. Can someone pls help me.

#7 ·
Did you complete reseating ALL connections? What was the outcome?
Hey I did unplug and then replug everything. It still wasn't working. Then I started jumping starting the power supply. The psu works and the fans turn on but when I try to connect it to the mother board it dosen't turn on. I then thought it was the power switch so I tried to jump start that as well. It didn't work. Meaning the the motherboard was the issue. So I tried redoing the cmos but thag didn't work either. So I'm guessing the motherboard is broken.

#8 ·
Then I started jumping starting the power supply. The psu works
That "Test" with a paperclip is less than useless. It does not test anything other than IF the pw supply can start. It does not test the pw good signal, nor does it test each voltage rail.
If you want to test a pw supply, you swap in a known good unit. The only other way to test a pw supply is with a pw supply tester that applies a load to the unit. Cheap testers are no better than using a paperclip.

#10 ·
If you have already reseated ALL components, then the next step is to start swapping parts with known good units ie pw supply, motherboard, ram, processor, etc.
Note known good does not mean new. It means parts you know work ie came from a working system. It is either that OR test each of your parts in a bench/test system.

#11 ·
If you have already reseated ALL components, then the next step is to start swapping parts with known good units ie pw supply, motherboard, ram, processor, etc.
Note known good does not mean new. It means parts you know work ie came from a working system. It is either that OR test each of your parts in a bench/test system.
I just bought a new motherboard and ram so we'll see how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.