PC not starting, no fans spinning or anything

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Taylor.Reid

hello everyone, this is my first time having this issue and was searching everywhere and tried everything to fix it...
i believe it is not a power supply problem because the rgb lights on my motherboard are working. i tried connecting the two pins for the power button with a screw driver but no response... anyone have any suggestions?
might add that this has only happened since putting it into the new case that i bought a few days ago, but was running fine until i shut it down last night and now it won't start up...

managed

Allan
Hi and welcome to TSG.

A list of all the parts you have in that PC would probably help.

How much dismantling of parts connected to the motherboard did you do when you swapped cases ?

Check all the needed power cables and the ram sticks are fully pushed into their respective sockets.
Also make sure all the stand-offs between case and motherboard are in the correct positions, so they cannot cause a short circuit.

Even though the RGB is working the problem could still be the power supply, if possible try another one as a test. You can probably connect it without fitting it into the case by swapping all the power connections over.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.