Pc not starting- please Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

davidber

HI
i get a massege:
PXE- E61 media test failure chack cable.
PEX-MOF exiting intel boot agent
no bootable device- insert boot disk and press any key.

Thank you

crjdriver

Your system is attempting to boot from a network. You need to enter the bios and select your hd as the boot device.

Is this a new system or has it been running normally?

Post your exact specs ie if a pre-built system the brand and model. If it is a custom build the brand, model, and version of the motherboard, brand and wattage of the power supply, brand and type of ram, etc.

davidber

Thank you for replying. I'm sorry but i know nathing about computer system, so i dont know what all the terms mean.this is not a new system it was okay upto 2 hours ago. about the questions you ask me i can only tell what is written on the notherboard. intel pentium D

crjdriver

If it was working, I would say your system is not detecting the hard disk and attempting a boot from a network. Either the disk has failed, power to the disk has failed, or the controller on the board has failed.
If you are not comfortable troubleshooting the system, then I would take it to a shop.

if this problem happens and it occasionally boots up, can you boot from a boot CD instead, or will there still be problems when it boots because it still wont recognize the hard drive?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online