1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc not starting- please Help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by davidber, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. davidber

davidber Thread Starter

HI
    i get a massege:
    PXE- E61 media test failure chack cable.
    PEX-MOF exiting intel boot agent
    no bootable device- insert boot disk and press any key.

Thank you

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Your system is attempting to boot from a network. You need to enter the bios and select your hd as the boot device.

Is this a new system or has it been running normally?

Post your exact specs ie if a pre-built system the brand and model. If it is a custom build the brand, model, and version of the motherboard, brand and wattage of the power supply, brand and type of ram, etc.

3. davidber

davidber Thread Starter

Thank you for replying. I'm sorry but i know nathing about computer system, so i dont know what all the terms mean.this is not a new system it was okay upto 2 hours ago. about the questions you ask me i can only tell what is written on the notherboard. intel pentium D

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If it was working, I would say your system is not detecting the hard disk and attempting a boot from a network. Either the disk has failed, power to the disk has failed, or the controller on the board has failed.
    If you are not comfortable troubleshooting the system, then I would take it to a shop.

5. Bugle

Bugle

if this problem happens and it occasionally boots up, can you boot from a boot CD instead, or will there still be problems when it boots because it still wont recognize the hard drive?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!