pc not starting up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
So, what actually happens (or doesn't) when you try to turn on the PC?

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
There's a lot of grime around the CPU, and I'd advise blasting that out with a compressed air canister.

Louvar

Ill give it a quick dusting, other then that it’s not respondingwhen I turn it on. Pretty sure all cables are plugged in properly

crjdriver

Anyone know what’s causing my pc not to start up? Everything is plugged in to the right ports, can anyone confirm the issue?
Your question is analogous to asking "My car does not start; what's the problem? Well your problem could be a LOT of different things AND you need to post a LOT more info.
Start with what exactly happens when you press the ON button.
Next list ALL of your exact parts; ie exact motherboard, exact cpu, exact video card, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

Last edited:

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
No worries, larry. It's not the first time I've skimmed something and got hold of the wrong end of the stick (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online