1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC not turning on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hamdaan2004, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hamdaan2004

Hamdaan2004 Thread Starter

So, yester after waking up I was ready to play some games on my newly built pc. Pressing the power button to my surprise it didnt do anything, I unplugged the A/C adopter and replugged still no do. I took the pc out and the unplugged the power button 2-pin wire and replugged. Put my pc back in and it worked and I happily played Ghost Recon Wildlands for 2 hours straight then got a blue screen of death and was so frustrated I pressed the power button and left.

2 hours later willing to play more games I had the same problem again, no turning on. Did the same technique countless times yet its not turning on. And even till now still not turning on. What to do?

Specs:
    CPU:i56600k
    MotherB:Gigabyte H110M
    GPU:1060 6Gb
    Ram:8gb ddr4 2133mhz
    PSU:600w integrator by aero cool
    HDD:1tb barracuda
    Case: bitphenix nova window black

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

My first thought would be a failed pw supply. From what little I can find online, that is a basic or low end pw supply NOT designed for gaming or other stressful endeavor. Swap in a known working pw supply for testing. Note you do not have to fully install the test unit; simply connect atx, aux, and video pw. Hit the ON button and see if the motherboard will POST.

Next post your exact specs. There are numerous gigabyte h110m boards. You need to post the exact board you have. In addition gigabyte very often has multiple version of the board ie ver 1, 1.2, 2.0, etc; again post the exact board you have.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1188896

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice