PC On But Keyboard, Mouse and Monitor not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RainMan565

Hi there!

I recently decided to add a GPU and a new powersupply to my asus M32. I added a Radeon Rx 270x along with a 550 watt cooler master elite v2 PSU. This is my first time adding components to my pc. Unfortunately, when i had come home with a DVI cable for my gpu to monitor, the pc turned on but my screen had been blank while my keyboard and mouse emitted no light. I opened my case and saw all the fans running. Is there any way to fix this problem?

Oddba11

Jim
If it's doing that when powering on, it doesn't look like it's completing POST. As you just swapped hardware, something is very likely not connected, not connected properly, loose, etc.

Still have the old video card to swap back in for testing?

RainMan565

If it's doing that when powering on, it doesn't look like it's completing POST. As you just swapped hardware, something is very likely not connected, not connected properly, loose, etc.

Still have the old video card to swap back in for testing?
I actually had an APU. I made sure my gpu was properly connected and that the two plugs to the motherboard along with the connections to the drives were secure. I had also connected the pci e cables to the gpu.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I added a Radeon Rx 270x
Are you positive about the description of that graphic card?
Can you provide a webpage link to it?

--------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
According to that link, you have a Radeon R9 270X 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 dual-width twin-fan graphic card which uses 180W of power and has two 6-pin connectors.

---------------------------------------------------------------

RainMan565

According to that link, you have a Radeon R9 270X 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 dual-width twin-fan graphic card which uses 180W of power.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Yes I am pretty sure I have that exact one. I know for sure that I have 4gb of GDDR with two fans

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online