1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC on TV???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cchstang01, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cchstang01

cchstang01 Thread Starter

I have a big screen tv and i want my pc to be able to broadcast itself to it. What is the best way to get the highest quality of picture? AverKey makes a presentation module for bigscreens, has anyone ever used them. What about a ATI All in Wonder card. Give me as much info as i can get.

2. Chink

Chink

Well, u need a video card that has the feature TV out on it or u won't be able to run ur pc with ur tv, and the max res for a tv is 800x600 cause anything after that, it'll either make it become really thin or really wide.

3. flyeater

flyeater

4. cchstang01

cchstang01 Thread Starter

If i get the All in Wondr 9700 Pro will i get better than 800x600 or am i screwed on that.

5. flyeater

flyeater

Here's ATI s info on screen resolutions.
    PC2TV

Here's a review of the card.extremetech

This looks like a smoking "all in wonder". For now it's an NVida killer.
    You should bear in mind that due to the fact that it's a brand new, cutting edge, video card it's bound to have some bugs. I don't know if the dust has even settled with vanilla flavored 9700 pro. Note the 9700 pro all in wonder is the newest and a different card than the 9700pro. Be sure of which card your looking at. You want the all in wonder. I've seen/read enough posts to know that some folks are having problems.
    That's not to say it's a bad card. On the contrary it's great. It just takes time for some new hardware to "settle in" at first. Of course that's been true of ATI for some time.
    If you have a nice, newer/speedy machine this can work out nicely for you. I wouldn't plant this card in a Win98 Compaq/HP.
    If you don't have a Sound Blaster card you should consider getting one to go with the all in wonder. Run the whole thing through a stereo reciever that your tvs hooked up to.
    Next thing ya know you've got StrongBad in luxurious stereophonic HDTV.

[​IMG]

It's still awesome.

Seriously.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115468

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice