1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC on Wireless Network Loses Signal

Discussion in 'Networking' started by cocca0307, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cocca0307

cocca0307 Thread Starter

I have had my wireless network in my house for about 1.5 years. I have a cable modem and router with an 802.11b for my primary PC. Upstairs, I have a Netgear USB wireless adapter (Model MA-111). A friend of mine helped me hook it up and it ran fine until about 2 weeks ago. My PC's run on windows 98 and windows millenium.

Now, the USB Netgear adapter keeps losing it's signal after several hours when the computer is idle. I tried putting the netgear device in my start-up thinking that would keep it on, but it hasn't mattered. I can get the signal back right away if I disconnect the adapter from the USB cable. But then after a few hours, it loses the signal again. Nothing has changed with the computers except I had to replace a USB keyboard with an old style one for the wireless hooked up computer. Also, and I'm not sure this matters, as I have only one USB port on the PC, I had to buy a 4 to 1 USB adaptor when I bought a USB printer, but I have had that for a year now.

Can you help me?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327214

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice