PC Only Boots With One Stick Of Ram

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Color27

So just today I upgraded my gaming pc (New cpu, mobo, and ram) and have had some issues so far. I can only boot the system when I have one ram stick in. I have tested both sticks separately and in different slots so I have confirmed that all the slots work and both sticks work alone. I have updated the bios, tried xmp mode, and have reinstalled windows completely ( Reinstalled it because I had another error which was disk usage at 100% and it didnt help with either) Speaking of the other issue which is my disk usage in task manager goes to 100% whenever I open programs and games even something as small as chrome and can cause my pc to be really slow. Ive tried all the methods for disabled superfetch, disabling notifications, and many others including reinstall of windows and nothing worked. I also did scans on my HDD for errors and two different programs said it was fine. Any solutions for either of these problems?

SPECS
Mobo- MSI Tomahawk Artic H270
GPU- Gtx 1060 3gb
CPU- Intel 7600k
Ram Kingston Hyperx 8gb kit (2x4gb) 2133mhz
CPU Cooler- Hyper 212 Evo

If you download the manual and then go to P5 of the Quick Start guide, it'll show you which banks to use for the DIMMs. It should be DIMMA2 and DIMMB2 when you're putting in a 2x4GB kit.

Yea most mother boards have different colored slots for memory paring but on that one their all white, Like LOCHLOMONDER said you got to go by the manual. A2 and B2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online