Solved PC only gets 1 second of power

KKingOfficial

Hi there! So, the other day my pc powered off and wont turn back on. I press the power button and it gets a few seconds of power, but then dies. to get anything again I have to turn the psu off, unplug it, plug it back in, turn it on, THEN hit the power button. This is with an RX 580 8gb installed.

The weird thing is that if I toss my gtx 680 in instead, it gives me about 5 seconds of power before it dies.

Is this a PSU issue? It seems like it to me but I want to be sure before I drop cash on a new one.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The AMD Radeon RX 580 graphics card uses 185W of power.

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 graphics card uses 195W of power.

What is the brand name and exact model number and wattage of the power supply in your PC?

A detailed description of your PC's motherboard and processor would also be helpful to the hardware/diagnostic experts here.

--------------------------------------------------

KKingOfficial

The AMD Radeon RX 580 graphics card uses 185W of power.

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 graphics card uses 195W of power.

What is the brand name and exact model number and wattage of the power supply in your PC?

A detailed description of your PC's motherboard and processor would also be helpful to the hardware/diagnostic experts here.

--------------------------------------------------
gigabyte z68ma-d2h-b3 for the mobo

The psu has no branding on it other than the number 600, and i have an i5 2400 cpu. does that help?

Sorry for short replies, I'm a bit distraught from some things hapoening today lmao

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
All the rapid movement in your video made it hard to watch.

You need to wait for one of our hardware/diagnostic experts to reply to you.

Good luck.

-------------------------------------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online