1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pc opinion please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wilson44512, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wilson44512

wilson44512 Thread Starter

my 2 year old pc is slowly dieing on me. and i need a new one. since i dont have the money to get one paying with cash. the only way i can get one is by my girlfriends mother. getting one on credit from gateway.then i can pay her in payments. what i like to know from you is. is this system im thinking of putting together. would it be good enough for gaming and to upgrade in the future. and since i only use headphone when i play. can i just use the internal sound. with out getting a sound card?
    [​IMG]

2. telegramsam

telegramsam

Why is your 2 year old PC dying? Is it the 510S in your sig?

That machine really isn't suitable for gaming, but you could likely fix what's wrong with it.

The one you have listed there would make a decent mid grade gamer. It won't be ready for the new stuff coming out in DX10, and branded machines aren't really suitable for upgrading, although it can be done if you do it fairly soon.

Onboard sound in most better quality motherboards is pretty good these days. You don't need to buy a soundcard unless you're unhappy with the sound you get in the stock board.

I don't see how much RAM is included with that machine, but 1 GB would be the minimum, 2 GB would be better.

3. gurutech

gurutech

If you want to use headphones, you will need a sound card. Most system boards have a sound card built-in, so you won't need a separate one.

4. telegramsam

telegramsam

See if it has a front audio jack. Most newer systems will have them...

5. wilson44512

wilson44512 Thread Starter

thanks for your guys input. i went and ordered it. and this is what i got in it.

Windows Vista™ Home Premium (32-bit)
    Intel® Core™2 Duo E6600 (2.40GHz 1066MHz FSB 4MB cache, non-HT
    2GB memory
    NVIDIA® GeForce 7600GS 256MB
    500GB 7200rpm Serial ATA hard drive w/ Raid 0 (2-250GB hard drives)
    16x Double-Layer Multi-Format DVD Writer (DVD±/R±RW/CD-R/RW) and 48x/32x/48x CD-RW/DVD combo drive
    Sound Blaster X-Fi 7.1
    9-in-1 media card reader
    700watt PS

6. telegramsam

telegramsam

Nice system. That should make an excellent casual gamer. Sounds like with the 700W PSU you have some upgrade capability in the future if you need more gaming horsepower.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541477

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice