PC Pitstop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rhettman5

Ever wonder where you stand with other users ? This site will check your system for it's speed, O/S and hardware , and let you know where you stand, can test anomalously, or register for free and save results, gives tips on performance and enhancements, try it !!... www.pcpitstop.com ... Rhett

Hi rhett,

Thanx for posting the link, it is a good site indeed, I think I saved my overall performance score from the last time there and just from memory I think I scored like an 86 overall.......

just out of curiosity how did you do?

DS

Hey thats a great site. Thanks for the link. I did the full tests and scored 120, I must be doing something right with this computer :D

Rhett
Thanks for the link to PC Pitstop.
Was not sure about the intrusion into my PC at first but went ahead anyway. Found a few minor problems and fixed them.
Original score was 413 and after correction was 462.
According to them there is nothing more that can be done with this configuration except upgrading processor. Running an 866 PII now and I expect it to last awhile.
That's good to know!
Thanks again.
Dave

Wow a 462. I think I have to go back now and see what I need to do to get mine running better. And to think I thought I was doing good with 120 :rolleyes:

Lisa
Just be careful when you do configuration settings such as vcache
and so on. If you click on the individual performance flags there are suggested changes. Before you do some that you are not familiar with you may want to post a thread for suggestions.
Dave

Thanks Dave, I'll remember that. I do recall reading something at the pitstop about the vcache. I'll definately ask first.

rhettman5

I scored a 249 initially and tweaked it to a 265, I think I could do better if I tweaked a few security issues, but I am not really comfortable doing that ,so, I think I will leave it for now..P3,700 MHZ,256 meg ram.. Rhett

Rhett
Were those security issues concerning restricted sites in IE and OE, Activex/Java enable/disable so on?
I am not sure how those tweaks would help if someone is running
an up to date Firewal and VS.
What do you think.
Dave

Hey, you guys now wait just a dang minute here, Rhett see what you started?

okay I don't know where I got 86 from it is actually 203 so :p

Dave, you scored too high..........so you just don't get to play any more :p

LadyLisa, 120 to a 462 that's as good as Dave's score, that is good ......oh yeah, you can stay and play 'cause you are a girl and...... we like you ;)

.......so that brings me back to my 203 score..... :( hmmmmm

Will someone that comes up short of 200 please post now, I need to feel better about all of this :rolleyes:

DS

DS
:mad: My other PC came up with a 189 which I have to dig into.
It's an "e" and not built for horsepower but it should be able to achieve 200+. It has a 550 with 64MB. Time to fiddle!
Dave :D

buck52

Banned
Howdy

Home built PIII850............390 :)

HP 466Celery....................173 :(

The Celery runs good .....just lacking horse power :D

buck

rhettman5

Dave, now you got me thinking, went in and changed security settings and am going to retest, I think I will test my other machine as well, E Machine P2 500 mhz 64 meg, perhaps it will be a low enough score to make Dark Star feel better :D Maybe we could have a contest as to who gains the most points before and after:) gota go tinker, will be back...Rhett

Dave,

Just throw another 64 or 128 in and you'll be there easy.
I think Rhett will help you with the expenses since he did start all of this ;)

buck52,

173 score huh? how much RAM in there? Seems like to me that a 466 Celeron should be right there at 200 or so

Just an FYI this is a 500 Celeron with only 128 RAM and there shouldn't be that big of a difference.......

DS

First Prob with security settings OE. Set to restricted sites zone
and could not insert Pics in body of e-mail. Error 195 undefined object!
Switched back and all is fine.
Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts