1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC POSTs but crashes when loading Windows

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PookieNoob, Apr 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PookieNoob

PookieNoob Thread Starter

So I accidently kicked my PC, and since it is missing a leg, hit the side of my desk. Well now it will POST but whenever loading Windows it will just crash right away. The HDD is fine and works on my brothers computer. Also western digital software says it is good. My CPU and HDD and RAM are being detected so what's going on?

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Any number of things;
    1 You knocked loose the hsf or cooler
    2 A pw connection is loose ie atx or aux plugs
    3 Ram was knocked loose, etc, etc

The only way you are going to find out is to test in a systematic manner;
    1 System OFF, open the case and reseat ALL pw connectors ie atx, aux, hard disk, etc
    2 Reseat ram. Be sure the ram is fully seated in the slot
    3 Reseat your video card [if you are using a real video card]
    4 If the system still will not boot into windows, boot the system with a linux live usb. If the system runs ok under linux, then your hardware is probably ok. Look at clean installing windows

Just wondering, did you do ALL tests on the WD drive ie long and short tests?

3. PookieNoob

PookieNoob Thread Starter

I figured it out. For some reason, when it POSTs, if I click boot menu and click my HDD windows (1 HDD has 2 options. Windows and normal) then it loads up windows lol

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225734

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice