1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc power is on but no display on screen

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Piu04, Aug 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Piu04

Piu04 Thread Starter

Hi, so today a heavy like 1kg wooden block accidentally fell on my Cpu, after that my monitor went black, when I restarted it, in the password page it started to look like those broken TV static and static sound came. Can you help me understand what happened? Is my motherboard affected?

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    By 'Cpu' do you mean a desktop PC ? I assume it was on when the accident happened ?

With the PC and Monitor turned off try disconnecting then reconnecting the Video cable at the PC end.
    Then switch them on. Is the display ok now ?

Piu04 likes this.
  3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If by "Cpu" you mean CPU (Central Processing Unit) I would expect the CPU to be dead and the motherboard to be adversely affected.

Piu04 likes this.
  4. Piu04

Piu04 Thread Starter

Actually, The Monitor is working fine but after pressing the power button, BIOS setup won't start. Probably the motherboard is damaged.

5. Piu04

Piu04 Thread Starter

The CPU is not dead, it's actually working, but motherboard is probably damaged.

6. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    We still don't know what the wood actually hit, was it a PC case or the actual Cpu (the processor) ?

Piu04 likes this.
  7. Piu04

Piu04 Thread Starter

It was the actual CPU.

8. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    You will have to swap the Cpu and/or the Motherboard to find out which is damaged, it could be both so safest thing would be to swap both at the same time.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232276

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice