PC power on automatically after shutdown

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kochi974

Hey,

Im' myself a Technician in IT since 2004.

I have a PC, when i shutdown, PC turn on itself after 5 seconds.

* I already tried :

- Restore bios to default, and remove any wake up features (lan, usb keyboard...), play with S1, S3 power features => same issue
- A new ATX power supply => same issue
- Remove any sata devices (hard disk, optical drive), shutdown, it reboots after 5 seconds => same issue
- Remove the power button, and start using the jumpers and a screwdriver => same issue

I think the issue comes from the mainboard itself, specially the timer chip.

So guys, do you have an idea to fix that ?

Thank you very much for all your replies !

managed

Allan
Please download and run this program and paste the output text in your next reply, it will show us what hardware is in your PC :- https://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

Next select Start, (Start then Run in XP), type sysdm.cpl, and press ENTER. Click the Advanced tab, and then click the Settings button under 'Startup and Recovery' (as opposed to the other two Settings buttons on that tab). Uncheck Automatically restart.

That should stop the restarts and may show what the underlying cause of the problem is. Now when you shutdown the PC you may get a BSOD or error message, if so please make a note of the text and include that in your reply as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online