1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC powers up, but no display - no beeps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wendlle, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wendlle

wendlle Thread Starter

Hi

I've got a computer that seems to be powering up, all the fans work but I am getting no display on the monitor.

Here's what I've tired.

Changing the monitor and all cables.
    Changing out the video card.
    Changing out the memory.
    Chainging the hard drive.
    Changin the power supply.

I get the same thing with all of these. So what is it?? The motherboard??

I had a few issues before this happened yesterday, the PC wouldn't power off at the "shut down" command the only way to turn it off was at the power point and it was also acting irratic sometimes restarting itself.

I tried to start the hard drive up in another computer but can't get past the manufacturers screen. But when I put a new hard drive in the computer I still get no display.

Anyone know what is going on??

Also one thing to add, I can't see any lights on the motherboard, usually I can see a green light on motherboards, but I can't see anything on this one.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

My first thought would be the power supply. Fans running, CD Drawers openiing and closing, and a few lights on the front of the case does not mean it is booting. Do the Caps Lock and Num Lock lights on the Keyboard light up?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977011

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice