pc problems help please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

buellboy

can somone please help I just built my new computer and it works but when I turn it on and it start to boot up it says that cpu is unworkable or has been changed please recheck so I went in to my bios and changed it to 2.4 gig because that's what I have for my cpu it was reading 1.2 gig and just so you know I'm talking about the cpu operting speed but anyways when I change it to 2.4 and save then reboot it comes up saying the samething that the cpu is unworkable or has been changed then starts to make a loud beeping noise so if anyone could help that would be great thanks also her is the type of harware I have if this helps.

I have a abit motherboard it7 max2 and my mother boardboard is hyper threading ready and my cpu is a Intel Pentium 4 / 2.4CGHz 512k socket 478 Hyper Threading Technology 800 MHz FSB - RETAIL Specifications:
CPU: 2.4GHz
Type: Pentium 4 Northwood
Cache: 512K
BUS: 800 Mhz
Socket: 478
Retail box (with Heatsink and Fan) and I Have a gforce 4 ti 4600 128 meg video card

Memory_Loss:

From buellboys post above:

"I have a abit motherboard it7 max2 and my mother boardboard is hyper threading ready and my cpu is a Intel Pentium 4 / 2.4CGHz 512k socket 478 Hyper Threading Technology 800 MHz FSB -

mobo: Abit IT7 max2
cpu : P4 2.4/512 HT/800MHz

Sounds like the setting for the cpu is at Default in the BIOS. Go into the BIOS(hit Delete key) at first screen when starting up. Read and follow the instructions from your mobo manual and cpu instructions and reboot.

The 'Soft Menu' for ABIT Bios has a lot of settings that all have to jive in order to get the right configuration for your CPU.

FSB,Multiplier,FSB:AGP:pCI ratio,CPU FSB/DRAM ratio...

Take your time and do it right...

(edited for smilies)

The original post didn't have the specs in it.

Memory_Loss:

From buellboys post above:

"I have a abit motherboard it7 max2 and my mother boardboard is hyper threading ready and my cpu is a Intel Pentium 4 / 2.4CGHz 512k socket 478 Hyper Threading Technology 800 MHz FSB -

mobo: Abit IT7 max2
cpu : P4 2.4/512 HT/800MHz

Sounds like the setting for the cpu is at Default in the BIOS. Go into the BIOS(hit Delete key) at first screen when starting up. Read and follow the instructions from your mobo manual and cpu instructions and reboot.

dai

my motherboard came hyper ready,but to get it to work i have to do a bios update

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online