1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pc problems help please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by buellboy, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. buellboy

buellboy Thread Starter

can somone please help I just built my new computer and it works but when I turn it on and it start to boot up it says that cpu is unworkable or has been changed please recheck so I went in to my bios and changed it to 2.4 gig because that's what I have for my cpu it was reading 1.2 gig and just so you know I'm talking about the cpu operting speed but anyways when I change it to 2.4 and save then reboot it comes up saying the samething that the cpu is unworkable or has been changed then starts to make a loud beeping noise so if anyone could help that would be great thanks also her is the type of harware I have if this helps.

I have a abit motherboard it7 max2 and my mother boardboard is hyper threading ready and my cpu is a Intel Pentium 4 / 2.4CGHz 512k socket 478 Hyper Threading Technology 800 MHz FSB - RETAIL Specifications:
    CPU: 2.4GHz
    Type: Pentium 4 Northwood
    Cache: 512K
    BUS: 800 Mhz
    Socket: 478
    Retail box (with Heatsink and Fan) and I Have a gforce 4 ti 4600 128 meg video card

2. Memory_Loss

Memory_Loss

Can you give a little system info.?

Motherboard.....etc.

3. StillLearnin'

StillLearnin'

Memory_Loss:

From buellboys post above:

"I have a abit motherboard it7 max2 and my mother boardboard is hyper threading ready and my cpu is a Intel Pentium 4 / 2.4CGHz 512k socket 478 Hyper Threading Technology 800 MHz FSB -

mobo: Abit IT7 max2
    cpu : P4 2.4/512 HT/800MHz

Sounds like the setting for the cpu is at Default in the BIOS. Go into the BIOS(hit Delete key) at first screen when starting up. Read and follow the instructions from your mobo manual and cpu instructions and reboot.

4. GwizJoe

GwizJoe

The 'Soft Menu' for ABIT Bios has a lot of settings that all have to jive in order to get the right configuration for your CPU.

FSB,Multiplier,FSB:AGP:pCI ratio,CPU FSB/DRAM ratio...

Take your time and do it right...

(edited for smilies)

5. Memory_Loss

Memory_Loss

The original post didn't have the specs in it.

6. dai

dai

my motherboard came hyper ready,but to get it to work i have to do a bios update

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168423

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice