1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Problems - HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Tim Underwood, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tim Underwood

Tim Underwood Thread Starter

Hi.
    Couple of problems:

Whenever I log on to my PC, it displays a message saying that one of the registry entries was missing and had to be recovered from a previous version. I don't understand what this means and how to sort the problem out.
    Also sometimes when I log onto my PC sometimes the theme has changed from Windows XP to windows classic (although in the display properties simply shows as Windows XP (modified) and i cannot change this to Windows XP theme.
    Then the other day when i logged on, i went into outlook 2003 (where i had everything set up) and the mail accounts had all dissappeared. . . I don't know why. . . yet my mail remained in the folders i had previously put them in.

Is there any way to sort these problems out? Are they all related? I don't understand it! Help!

Also i get a message sometimes saying something like "memory at reference ........... could not be.........
    what does this mean? How can i fix it?

Please help me! I'm not sure what to do!

Regards
    Tim

2. patrikspongh40

patrikspongh40

You have windows xp, do a system restore, go back to a later date. See if that works. Let me know.

3. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

If you could get the exact error and write it down then post it this would be a great help towards fixing the problem?

4. Tim Underwood

I tried the system restore, and the same thing keeps happening. . .

Also with regards to the actual message, do you mean the memory one?

Thank you both for replying!

Warmest Regards
    Tim

5. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Actually I really mean all of them because trying to fix a computer with out the error messages is just guessing at the fix.

6. Tim Underwood

[​IMG]

This is the memory one. This is only occasionally. . .

The Registry one, thats comes up every log on is:

"One of the files containing the system's Registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful."

Regards
    Tim

Attached Files:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645540

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice