1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pc probs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by GUSMAN, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GUSMAN

GUSMAN Thread Starter

I build the odd pc for family and friends, however I have built one recently and the guy is forever going into the bios and the registry and playing about, causing the pc to malfunction and moire has to fix it.
    I have passworded the bios so he cant get in but is there anyway of disabling a means of getting into the registry?? It's getting to be a pain in the butt. :confused:

Cheers

Gus

2. xgerryx

xgerryx

Simple,

Just tell him.

"Thats it, muck it up one more time and you fix it your self."
    No more pain in the butt.

3. GUSMAN

GUSMAN Thread Starter

Yeah that is a good option, but u know how it is he's got kids etc etc, he's just a terminal potcher.
    hmmmmm mebbe cut off his fingers?/ I dont know.

Lol

cheers

Gus

4. xgerryx

xgerryx

Tell him that he is setting a bad example to his kids playing with something he doesn't understand :)

5. barnnyardd

barnnyardd

next time you have to fix it set it up so you have the administrator rights and take his away. this way he can not mess it up anymore....

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222199

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice