PC random restarts no bsod

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

melvinpoh

My pc started restarting itself at random timings. No bsod no overheating. I thought it was a software problem at first hence i clean installed OS but problem still happens.Did memtest86 0 error but problem still occurs. Checked up PSU output using HWinfo and results are normal.Took out my gpu and problem still occurs.Tested SSD and HDD everything is working fine but still the same thing happen. I checked the evenvwr and it shows Kernal power 41 63 and ive no idea which hardware is not working. At my wits end:/ Issit possible for the mobo to be faulty? but i doubt it because if the mobo is faulty it wouldnt even post right? It restarts when im browsing the web, watching videos and sometimes even b4 it posts /when im in bios.

Oddba11

Jim
Reboots can be hardware or software. As you're performed a fresh OS install, you've pretty much eliminated the OS/software/drivers. Motherboard or power supply are the most common.

Just as an FYI, checking the voltages in software don't prove the power supply isn't faulty. Software isn't always reliable. And the power supply could be failing under load and/or isn't providing constant and clean power.

crjdriver

Checked up PSU output using HWinfo and results are normal
Hardware monitor is next to useless with modern hardware. HWM was a decent program in it's day however that day has long past.
There is a good chance your motherboard mfg has purpose designed monitoring software available for download however I cannot tell you since you did not post your specs. Post ALL of your exact system specs ie exact motherboard, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc, etc, etc. Do not post "500W" pw supply; post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online