PC randomly restarts, what is the problem?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tostigamer

My PC is randomly rebooting when im playing games. I can only play games on lower settings, but i used to play them on ultra settings. I bought a new graphics card 4 months ago, but I don't know if that could be the problem.
What could be the problem?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
We know nothing about your PC, so please do the following in it.
Also provide the brand name and model number and wattage of the PSU.

Download and save the tsginfo.exe file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your PC will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

--------------------------------------------------

Did the rebooting started 4 months ago coninciding with the arrival of the new graphics card?

Tostigamer

We know nothing about your PC, so please do the following in it.
Also provide the brand name and model number and wattage of the PSU.

Download and save the tsginfo.exe file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your PC will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

--------------------------------------------------
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210318215931.000000+060
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: Radeon RX 580 Series
Hard Drives: C: 116 GB (31 GB Free); D: 931 GB (722 GB Free); E: 0 GB (0 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H170M-DS3H-CF, ver x.x, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Wattage is 600W

any kind of program - games, chat programs, office programs ... anything. In particular I would look for programs that run all the time in the background, even when the games are running,.

Tostigamer

any kind of program - games, chat programs, office programs ... anything. In particular I would look for programs that run all the time in the background, even when the games are running,.
Yes i downloaded a lot, especially games. Office programs, video editing programs, game development programs.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Just in case it's needed for the hardware/gaming experts here, these are the performance ratings and power usages for that PC's processor and graphics card.

cpu.JPG

gpu.JPG

-------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online