Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pc randomly shuts off.

896 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  replay 
#1 ·
HI All

IM wondering if anyone can solve this puzzle for me.

I built this pc and it was running really well until i changed the graphics card from a hd radeon 4550 512mb to a radeon 5500 1gb.Now it randomly shuts off. Now obviously the thing to do to solve the following problem would be to change them back BUT the problem persists.

I have changed the memory from ocz 2gb value stick 88mhz to 4gb hyper X 1066mhz to make sure it wasn't bad memory.

Ive added an exhaust fan that sits directly under the gpu fan and an 80mm system case fan that sits directly in the vent path of the Zalman cpu cooler that i have.

My specs are:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, AMD64 Family 15 Model 67 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4095 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5500 Series , 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 99899 MB, Free - 29964 MB; D: Total - 953868 MB, Free - 781302 MB; E: Total - 1330796 MB, Free - 931110 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., M61PME-S2P, ,
Antivirus: McAfee VirusScan, Updated and Enabled

Im running 2 sata hdd's 1.5tb and 1tb
a Dual Sat Card
a dvd re writer

It will randomly shut down whether its at rest or hard at work watching a movie. It will sometimes drop the usb from usb 2.0 down to usb 1.1 then shut down and other times it will give no warning. I have to unplug it from the socket for between 10seconds and 2 hours. As soon as i plug it back in it will fire up without me having to hit the power button and upon booting into windows 7 i get an error message saying that windows explorer had shut down unexpectedly.

Ive changed win7 from premium upto ultimate to eliminate software problems and i have no viruses on the system. I ca only think that it my be the PSU or Processor??

Any adice is welcome on this problem

Regards

Sal

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.