PC randomly shutting down

johnnyrobo

So here's the run down...
About 6 months ago my desktop(windows 10) began randomly shutting down by itself, although not random but it seems to match the time it is turned off and on. For example, if I have it off for 24 hours it will stay on for ~6 hours until it turns off, if it is off for 30 minutes it will stay on for about 10 minutes until shutting down, and if it is off for 20 seconds it wont even turn on without immediatly shutting down. It doesn't just lose power, it prompts with the shutting down screen with the cancel button, but attempting to cancel will immediately prompt shutting down again, basically forcing you to shut down and after shutting down will try to turn on again by itself into an infinite loop of off and on until I have to flip the power supply switch on the back. Looking online i figured it was heat related(it wasn't) and now I have spent way more than I should on computer parts to no avail.

I have tried many solutions I could find online such as :
1. Installing and running malwarebytes for viruses(none were found, didnt fix it)
2. Replacing thermal paste for heat related issues(didnt fix)
3. Removing peripherals mouse, keyboard, mic, 2nd monitor(didnt fix)
3. Replacing CPU fan to decrease tempature (didnt fix)
4. Swapping ram (didnt fix)
5. Replacing motherboard(didnt fix)
6. Replacing power supply(didnt fix)
7. Replacing CPU(didnt fix)
8. Resetting and installing windows 10 on ssd(didnt fix)

Here are my current specs https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XJjPYH
I don't think it is my power surge because I can run my laptop just fine on it. If anyone has any idea on how to solve this please help.

mohittomar13

Mohit Tomar
It's something I have never heard before. Almost all the times the issue is the CPU temperature. As you have already reinstalled the windows so there is no chance it is related to windows.

There is only one thing left, and that is checking the settings in the BIOS. Some bios have the option to switch on/off the system based on time of the day. At least my friend's dell system has it. I saw it when I installed Windows on his system.

Check bios.

I hope it helps. (y)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online