Pc randomly turns off on games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Your are missing chipset driver for:
6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family (Intel Z68 chipset) and
6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller

Intel no longer provides this driver.
Microsoft update catalog doesn't seem to have one (you can try search it yourself)
Manufacturers site provides only those for Windows 8 which you already installed.

I don't know what else to suggest but your USB ports don't work well and you need a driver for them.
Surely you can find the driver on 3rd party sites but it's never recommended thing to, so good luck.

I'm not sure what else to suggest.

You may find a solution to your problem some other way around, because I'm not 100% sure what the issue is for shutdowns, but it all points to unsupported hardware.

alen02

if you somebody now wher to find chipset driver for:
6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family (Intel Z68 chipset) and
6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller
i will try to instal

You'll have to take that risk on your own, because drivers from 3rd party sites or those via driver downloader programs might contain malware.
We do not assist with such recommendations.

It would be much safer to either install Windows 8.1 or get a new motherboard + CPU

Try this driver:
DOWNLOAD (asus.com)

If not working after reboot try to install other drivers from here (except BIOS because yours is up to date):
P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS USA

Try this (likely won't work)
Download Chipset INF Utility (intel.com)

alen02

isnt problem to install Windows 8.1, then i have paradox, everything work i can not play any games,neeed win10. I will see to buy new motherboard + CPU , i must buy and new ram. i just dont understand how pc work perfect until one moment in game, it never reset when i use windows, watch movie, or when i play some other games

Maybe there is some setting in windows that could make a difference, such as game mode which "optimizes your PC for play"

Try to turn it off.

Try also to play game in windowed mode instead of full screen!

alen02

i try all dosnt help. now i will instal another game NBA 2k21 and try it, then see will this heppend aganin. is there another, except event viewer, way to see why pc reserting, or some program to monitor what is going on, is there maybe game rapport

Yes.

Follow steps below to share event logs:

1. Right click on Windows button and click on "Windows PowerShell (Admin)"
2. If prompted for password, enter administrator password and click "Yes" to continue

3. Copy all of the code below at once, right click into console to paste and press enter
PowerShell:
ni -ItemType Directory $env:SystemDrive\PSLogs\EventLog\ | Out-Null
Get-EventLog -LogName System -EntryType Error | ? Source -ne DCOM |
select EventID, TimeGenerated, Source, Message | sort TimeGenerated -Descending |
fl > $env:SystemDrive\PSLogs\EventLog\system.log
4. Copy all of the code below at once, right click into console to paste and press enter
PowerShell:
Get-EventLog -LogName HardwareEvents -EntryType Error, Warning -Newest 200 -EA Ignore |
select EventID, TimeGenerated, Source, Message | sort TimeGenerated -Descending |
fl > $env:SystemDrive\PSLogs\EventLog\hardware.log
5. Copy all of the code below at once, right click into console to paste and press enter
PowerShell:
Get-EventLog -LogName system -Source user32 | select EventID, EntryType, TimeGenerated, Source, Message |
sort TimeGenerated -Descending | fl > $env:SystemDrive\PSLogs\EventLog\shutdown.log
6. Copy all of the code below at once, right click into console to paste and press enter
PowerShell:
Get-WinEvent -LogName Setup | select Id, TimeCreated, LevelDisplayName, Message |
fl > $env:SystemDrive\PSLogs\EventLog\setup.log
7. Copy all of the code below at once, right click into console to paste and press enter
PowerShell:
Get-EventLog -LogName Application -EntryType Error, Warning |
fl > $env:SystemDrive\PSLogs\EventLog\application.log
8. Copy all of the code below at once, right click into console to paste and press enter
PowerShell:
Compress-Archive -Force -Path $env:SystemDrive\PSLogs -DestinationPath $env:SystemDrive\PSLogs.zip
9. This will create folder named "PSLogs" and zip file named "PSLogs.zip" in your C:\ root drive
10. Attach "PSLogs" zip file to your new reply
11. Feel free to delete "PSLogs" folder and zip file when done

Please follow steps below to share DirectX diagnostic log:

1. Press: Windows key + R
2. Type into run box: dxdiag
3. Click OK
4. If asked to check for driver signatures click "YES"
5. Wait until progress bar is complete
6. Click on "Save All Information..." button
7. Save the file to your desktop
8. Zip up the file and attach to your reply

For more information about dxdiag tool see below link:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028644/windows-open-and-run-dxdiagexe

do you have program installed called something like: "Inter Driver Update Utility and Intel Energy Checker"?

See if you can uninstall it.

Another possible solution:
Settings -> System -> Power & Sleep -> Additional power settings

Select "High performance" plan
if there is no such plan, click on "Create power plan", name it however your wish and select "high performance"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts