1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Rebooting While Idle and Hanging

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by xneogenx, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xneogenx

xneogenx Thread Starter

Alright this is the first time i have ever seen this problem, but its been happening for a few days now. So i went to a concert on thursday and didnt get back to my pc until monday night. well i boot up my pc and everything is working fine and dandy. well then on tuesday i wake up and my PC is hanging at the HP screen that appears when i first turn on the power to my pc. so i turn it off and reboot it.m well everything goes fine and it boots like normal and runs without a problem.

Here is the issue.

I have noticed that if my PC is idle for say maybe 10 minutes (idle as in im not using it first hand, doesnt matter if programs are running) then it will reboot itself. after it reboots it always hangs at that HP screen. When i get back into windows, nothing is any different, there is no error message, there is nothing! Why is it doing this? Is there anything I can do to fix this? In the maybe 2 years now i have had this computer i have never had such an issue!

EDIT: And just in case, i went into my event log under Windows Logs > System and i see this event appearing 8 times about an hour before the last reboot

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
    Date: 6/1/2010 11:04:39 PM
    Event ID: 18213
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: Nick-PC
    Description:
    The launch and activation security descriptor for the COM Server application with APPID
    {7DB2DA7A-8F3D-4329-990C-32E15C849F00}
    is invalid. It contains Access Control Entries with permissions that are invalid. The requested action was therefore not performed. This security permission can be corrected using the Component Services administrative tool.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">18213</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-06-02T03:04:39.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>3964</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Nick-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>{7DB2DA7A-8F3D-4329-990C-32E15C849F00}</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/926676

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice