pc reboots

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

almayta

when i start my pc it doesnt load up correctly it keeps rebooting when it gets to the windows logo and then goes round in circles :mad: help!!!!
im trying not to lose my work on it also i have tryed to start in safe mode but no difference

crjdriver

If it reboots in safe mode, that [generally] points at a hardware issue.

Can you enter the bios and check your temps?

Post the results.

almayta

no i checked on bios everything looked ok .plus im not sure how to check tempreture.

Have you recently changed anything...at all? What was the last thing you did on it before it quit working?

crjdriver

The temps will be under something like pc health, freqs and volts, etc. Each bios is a little different. Check your manual; it will tell you how to check temps.

I had a similar problem which I was finally able to resolve after a lot of troubleshooting on my own. It turned out to be a defective USB port. Whenever I had anything plugged into that one port the OS would reboot itself. I had taken the computer to a Computer store for analysis and they told me it was a virus problem. Whenever it was in the store it didn't act up because obviously they weren't plugging anything into that USB port. When I brought computer home and plugged everything, of course the problem resurfaced. They told me it was problably an electrical problem and I should try a different surge suppressor. After shelling out money for that and finding I still had the problem, I very carefully began connecting one item after another and testing to see whether there was a reboot problem. It surfaced when I got to the USB port in the back. Point being, you might have a lot of sleuthing to do to get to the problem which might be caused by any number of factors, some related to software, but most probably related to hardware. Taking it to a computer store could be very costly because it takes a lot of time to track down some of the problems and not all techs are equally competent or dedicated. Be patient and keep trying! I hope you're able to track it down; I know how frustrating it is until you get to the problem so that it can be resolved. NEMO7.

almayta

thanks everyone...ive taken out the usb it still does the same i took out the hard drive and inserted it into another pc and it didnt load so didnt work i tried putting in a new power supply but same prob ...............what now?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!