Solved PC rejects other RAMs except the old one - Bleeping sound

RealT

Hi,

Can you please help. I've been trying to upgrade my PC's RAM but my PC doesn't want to accept any other RAM except the one I found inside it (old one). All I am getting is a blank screen & beeping sound each time I put another one. It doesn't matter how big the ram is, it just rejects all except the one that I found there.

I tried:
~ Inserting the old RAM alongside with the new one.
~ only Inserting the new one
~ cleaning the slots (but that wasn't the case because the slots work perfectly fine when I insert the new one)
~ none of what I tried worked, all I'm getting is a beeping sound.

Please help!

Hello RealT,

Bad or incompatible RAM are two possible causes.

Please provide information about your computer, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if a brand name, provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number of the motherboard and post a link to the new RAM that you have purchased.

RealT

Hi, got help from a local PC Repairer. I found out that my pc only support dual Rams (Ram that has chips on both side) NOT Single channel Rams (Ram that has chips on one side). Thank you ;)(y)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online