1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Restart Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by LaurMetall, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LaurMetall

LaurMetall Thread Starter

Hello! First of all, sorry if I posted in the wrong section, but I am new to this forum and I kinda need a little help.
    So, two days ago I started experiencing a problem with my PC. I turn it ON and after about 5-10 it restarts and gives me the message ""Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key". If I just turn it off and on again, it works fine. But still this is very annoying.
    I tried to look up this error on the internet, but I couldn`t find anything useful.
    So, what can it be the problem ?

PS: This thing started two days ago when I bought a new USB wired mouse. Could this be the problem?

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

Firstly we need a bit more information about your PC in order to make any kind of informed response. Please provide the following:

- Exact make and model of the PC, assuming its a prebuilt system like a HP or Dell etc?
    - If it is a self / custom build, please provide make and model of the motherboard, CPU, RAM, harddrive(s), power supply etc. The more information the better.

For some basic information please download the TSG System Information Utility (linked in my signature), run it then copy and paste the information shown into a reply here.

3. LaurMetall

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8140 Mb (Kingmax 2x4GB, DDR3, 1600Mhz)
    Graphics Card: ASUS R7 265 Series, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 102962 MB, Free - 44296 MB; E: Total - 850902 MB, Free - 109322 MB(Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003);
    Motherboard: MSI, 970A-G43 (MS-7693)
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

4. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    I wouldn't think the mouse would cause the problem, but can't totally rule it out due to the timing.

- I would suggest downloading Seatools from Seagate and running some diagnostic checks on your harddrive.
    - Any reason why your antivirus is disabled?
    - Do you know the exact make, model, wattage and approximate age of the PC power supply?

5. LaurMetall

I ran a few diagnostic checks. Everything seems to be fine.
    I turned off my firewall one time because I was having problems connecting to some websites and I think that turned off the Windows Defender too.
    My power supply is an Inter-tech Energon 650W. I have this build for about a year and a half now.
    Although, this is the second day without any restart or error. So, now, I am even more confused.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1154430

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice