1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC restarting randomly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mojo119, Apr 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mojo119

mojo119 Thread Starter

I used my computer like 4 month didn't happen anything but now its randomly restating.
    No heating issues.
    I brought my pc to a two repair places and they ran multiple stresstests but No issue happen there.
    When I picked it up and brought it back home but again its restating randomly.
    I can`t seem to find the issue. Anyone willing to help me?

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 11
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8126 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 110 GB (35 GB Free); D: 930 GB (244 GB Free); F: 0 GB (0 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd., H310M PRO-VH (MS-7B33)
    PSU: SilverStone ST40F-ES230 400W
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Assuming that the repair shops ran the stress tests for a sufficiently long time, then the problem is not stress related.

Right click on task bar and run Task Manager. Look in the Startup tab. Disable all programs there except security. See if things improve. If it does, then your cause is a program conflict.

3. mojo119

mojo119 Thread Starter

i tried but didn't work still restarting

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Did you reboot the PC after turning off the startup items? If not, they could still be running.

5. mojo119

mojo119 Thread Starter

yah

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Does it blue screen with an error code, and then restart ? If so, note down the error code.

7. mojo119

mojo119 Thread Starter

nah nothing just shutdown and starting .no error msg or anything

8. lunarlander

lunarlander

Do you have a spare power supply? If so, connect that one and test.

9. mojo119

mojo119 Thread Starter

yah i test with 500w psu but still happening.might be motherboard problem?

10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

A very simple way to tell if you have a hardware or software/windows/driver problem is to boot the system with a linux live usb. If you have the same problem using linux, then you have a hardware problem. If it runs fine under linux, you know the hardware is ok and you have a driver/windows/etc problem. Once you know where to look, the problem becomes easier to solve.
    FWIW, I am no fan of msi boards AND your board is a low end ie budget motherboard. It is intended on basic use ie running office, onchip video, watching a movie, etc; NOT running a gaming type video card. If it turns out that you have a hardware problem, the motherboard would be the first thing I would suspect.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226040

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice