Pc Restarts When I Unplug Usb

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BLUESHARK247

Please help!
My pc restarts when i unplug my mobile phone from the usb cable, (about half a second delay before it restarts) the phone was an LG8110 but now i have a Sony ericsson K750i and it still does it.
The pc also resets if i switch the phone off whilst still connected to the usb, it really is quite annoying.
it is usb 2.0, i also have a kodak easyshare camera/ ipod and i shuffle but when disconnected none of these reset the pc, its just mobile phones as far as i can see.

any help will be much appreciated.

Thankyou.

Carl

Ciberblade

Retired Moderator
When you plug in your phone....do you get the remove hardware icon in your task tray? (should look like attached pic).
If so, do you stop the device before disconnecting it?

Attachments

BLUESHARK247

hi,
thanks for the reply, I do get the safely remove hardware pic, and i do use it... but it still resets the pc :( even when i stop the device..

Ciberblade

Retired Moderator
I tried to duplicate the error on my side (using a Motorola phone) with no luck.

Is there and interface -- or application package that you needed to install before you could use the phone with your PC? If so, have you tried to uninstall then re-install the software?

BLUESHARK247

The phone does need software yes it is: Sony ericsson pc suite, i have the newest version 1.7.7, i have uninstalled the software and reinstalled with no luck. When i got my original LG 8110 phone for the first few months it disconected fine and then the problem started that was about a year ago. (ive just never really connected through the pc, but now my new phone has loads of features via pc i will be connecting it alot)

Have you check your usb drivers to make sure there up to date?
also check with sony erricson to see if the data suite your using is the latest availible
check there faq to see if theres a fix!

good luck!

What Windows version and service pack level are you at here? And is this device connected directly to the computer's USB ports or through an external powered or unpowered hub?

And is a Bluetooth transceiver a part of the mix here?

BLUESHARK247

all usb drivers are up to date..
I have the latest version of Sony ericsson pc suite.
Windows XP professional service pack 2.
All of my devices are connected directly into the pc's USB ports as I have no hub.

Thanks guys.

My computer does this. not all the time, but when i'd downloading pics from a camera especially, it crashes.

I've updated every driver you can think of, checked voltage paths, run everything in safe mode, created log files all over the place and i've still got no idea.

I just put up with it.

:)

I think I would start looking for an issue with the modem. That may be the culprit not handling the disconnect properly.

BLUESHARK247

All my java is now upto date, and I have downloaded and installed the usb drivers for the phone from the sony link above..
But it still does it.. :(

The problem started quite a while ago so im guessing there is some kind of software conflicting, I havent installed any new hardware.. and i have tried the phone usb in every usb connection i have on my pc.
I know its only a small problem, i can get around it by shutting my pc down evertime i want to disconnect the phone, it just annoys me that i cant find the solution. Thank you all for your help so far.

BLUESHARK247

When the pc restarts, this is the error that it wants to send to windows, if this is any help?

C:\DOCUME~1\Carl\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc6e3.dir00\Mini072305-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Carl\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc6e3.dir00\sysdata.xml

are there any options in the software that says "shut down the PC when phone is removed?" or something like this? just a guess since i have never hooked a phone up to my comp but alot of times ppl look deep into stuff when the answer lies right in front of them,

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts