1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC restarts with certain java...? Help please!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bermbat, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bermbat

bermbat Thread Starter

Okay, so I was directed here by another person from another forum. I'm not sure if this is the right place of the forum to post this (seems to be the best). Anyways, the problem:

Today I was loading my CBS Fantasy Football scoreboard and it had java on it so it activated the Java 2 Runtime Environment. When the page was finished loading, my PC restarted. I thought that perhaps I did something wrong, so I tried loading the page again and a 2nd time my PC restarted. I am running Windows XP. When I first got XP (around it's release) and tried running java, it seemed I needed to download this Java 2 Runtime Environment program for java to work. Sites with java work the majority of the time, but there are sometimes a select few that cause this problem and make my PC restart.

I really want to resolve this issue ASAP. I don't know what other information to include that might help. Please help me!

2. bermbat

bermbat Thread Starter

Just to keep this updated..

I just updated my Java 2 Runtime program whatever thing... (it was on java.com). I now have the latest version and my PC still reboots. I'm wondering if it has something to do with my IE settings. Perhaps in the security or advanced tab. I'm not really sure... :confused:

3. bermbat

bermbat Thread Starter

Anyone know what's wrong??

I really need help. :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270324

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice