PC Rig Recommendations

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SteelxRaider

I play video games on my computer, but my computer is trash, and I don't have much money, but try to upgrade as much as I can to get good performance. I play games like Overwatch, Fortnite, and Gta 5. On overwatch I can play decently 70 fps but can get laggy at times. But on Gta 5 I get around 30 fps with massive stuttering, and lag. BTW all my settings are on low, no shadows, no v sync, low distance, grass off, no other applications running, I update all my drivers, have a virus protection, cleaned all trash downloads, etc. etc. from watching youtube videos. So my question, if you know is from my rig I will type below, what do you recommend me upgrade? Also I have a wired wifi connection for a more stable internet, however it is wired to 2Ghz, my hardware can't detect my 5Ghz wifi. Is there a difference for a wired 2gb and wired 5gb or is there only a difference when you are using a wireless connection.

Rig:

GPU: GTX Nividia 1050
Intel Core i3 4170 @ 3.70 Ghz
8 GB ram
1920*1080 60 Hz monitor

There is a lot to PC that I don't know much on, so do you have an idea what I should get to increase fps and reduce stuttering? I was thinking maybe I could buy a gtx 1650 with a better power supply. Is that the best route? Is my processor the problem? Is it my wired wifi connection and should buy a new LAN card?I am willing to spend about 200-300$ at the moment to better my PC if you have any recommendations. Thanks.

I don't know if you still seek advice, but your PC looks fine.

You didn't tell whether or not you have SSD drive?
If you don't, it is absolute must have!

Otherwise, your second step for upgrade would to get 16GB of ram. I would not go buy new GPU without having a SSD first and doing troubleshotting.

You also didn't say when did you last time clean install windows?

Fresh windows on SSD would give you instant and huge performance boost.

As for your network question, you don't need 5Ghz, you said "I have wired wifi connection" but connection is either wired (cable) or wifi (wireless) but not both, what you mean by "wired wifi"?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online