1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Running for 10 seconds then restarting itself (No post)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Waltonh09, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waltonh09

Waltonh09 Thread Starter

Last night i turned my PC off and opened the side panel to have a look inside as i have not cleaned it for a while, i took a stick of ram out of the slot to have a look at it then put it back in the same slot, i then tried to turn my PC on again to find after 10 seconds of lights and fans spinning it would make a faint sound then shut off, only to start up again on its own, after playing around trying to figure out the issue i found the fans would keep going if i unplugged the CPU power cable. Bug it would not post anything because of this. Im still having this issue and wondered if anyone has any idea what’s going on.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Modern motherboards have pw applied even when the system is OFF.
    How to properly R&R ram;
    1 System OFF, remove the pw cord from the pw supply
    2 Press the ON button 2~3 times. This removes all residual pw from the pw supply capacitors
    3 Do whatever you want with the ram ie remove, install more, whatever
    4 Replace the pw supply cord and pw ON

Failure to follow the above procedure can result in damage to the ram and or motherboard.

Go back and recheck your work. Pull out ALL ram. Blow the slots out with a can of air. Reinstall ram and be sure it is fully seated in the slot. Replace the pw cord and pw ON.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230020

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice