1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC running hotter past 2/3 days

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by silentr, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. silentr

silentr Thread Starter

Hello and thanks for any help/comments you can share.

My pc stats should be in my signature, for further info my heatsink is ZALMAN cnps7000a, well my pc used to run 34-40 degrees celcius but now it runs at 40-42 degrees celcius and up in the 50s under heavy load. i have no clue why it would be doing this as i havent changed anything at all. I have noticed that my FAN is spinning at 2500 rpm i dont kno if that is about right or not i am using PCAlert 4 to monitor this so perhaps it is just the software ? does anyone else have a program to measure temps? alright i hope someone can shed some light on this issue i just want my pc running smoothly again .... thanks.

2. replay

replay

speedfan is a small program that will monitor your temps http://www.majorgeeks.com/download337.html your temps will also be affected by the temp in the room too.... also a build up of dust inside your case and all around your heatsink/fan will affect temps

3. silentr

silentr Thread Starter

it has been warmer lately where i live. i recently cleaned my whole case with air so there shouldnt be too much dust. also as an extra question how often should u apply thermal paste? ...and that program u recommended replay is nice i like it much better than what i had.

4. replay

replay

"it has been warmer lately where i live"

there is the answer.....don't worry about reapplying the paste its prob' fine

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Exactly...

Remember that if the room temp is 20°C and the PC is 40°C, when the room is 25°C then the PC should be about 45°C.

The starting point is the air surrounding the PC, any CPU heat is added to that.

6. silentr

silentr Thread Starter

is 45-55 degrees celcius too hot for my pc? my case temp is only 40/41

7. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The maximum rated temperature for the CPU is 70°C, at which point it will crash.

Also be aware that the reported temperature will only be in about a +/- 10°C accuracy range, take it as a guide only.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484708

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice