Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC Screen Flickering Then Restarting

622 views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  DatPiffMagic 
#1 · (Edited)
As the title suggests, I am having quite an issue. I recently built this PC and got it running, started downloading my software, etc. Everything was working fine until I started up a game. It started up fine but after about a few minutes my screen started flickering almost like a loose HDMI connection. Then after a few moments of flickering the screen went black and my system restarted itself. I'm not sure what it could be though my gut is telling me it's my GPU. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Windows 10
Ryzen 3800x
Sapphire Radeon 6700 XT
MSi MAG Tomahawk B550
Ripjaws 2x16GB
EVGA SuperNOVA GT 750 W 80+ Gold

#2 ·
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

Can you post your power supply make/model #? I'm sure one of our experts here will need that information. That would be my first inclination, though.

#4 ·
That should prove adequate in terms of power. One of our resident experts, @crjdriver would know whether this is a good unit. Typically in troubleshooting projects you would need substitute components. Try to locate whatever you can get your hands on to try swapping out.

Does it only happen when gaming?

#6 · (Edited)
The supernova series from evga is excellent; they are actually mfg by either seasonic or superflower. I see you have a msi motherboard. Here is a link to the support page for your motherboard;
MSI Global - The Leading Brand in High-end Gaming & Professional Creation
Download and install the msi monitoring software; now called msi center. I never use msi boards in builds so I am not familiar with this software so you have going to have to do some looking within the program. Once installed, post the following info; cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Do this twice. Once under a normal load and again while running a stress test. Use any of the following for the stress test; prime95, OCCT, or Realbench. Let the stress test run for at least two min to stabilize temps/voltages. Post screenshots showing the data.

#11 ·
On your second screenshot, realbench is blocking the voltage readings. Nothing wrong with the first one however on the second one your cpu temp is getting pretty warm. Post again without realbench blocking the voltage readings.

#16 ·
Unfortunately I don't have another video card to use. And yes I went in today and completely reseated everything except the CPU. Personally I'm leaning toward it being a faulty card. I bought it at MicroCenter as a returned item on discount. I'm thinking there was a reason someone returned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.