1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Setup Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by onesize, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. onesize

onesize Thread Starter

hi there guys. i was just wondering if you could take some time to look at a few components that i would like to buy.

this will be the motherbaord
    this will be the processor
    this will be the harddisk
    this will be the case

i haven't chosen the ram and video card for now.

what do you guys think about this? will this setup run?

thanks for your time.

2. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

The sites are in a different language. Also you didn't list the most important component, the power supply!!

3. onesize

onesize Thread Starter

4. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

5. prunejuice

prunejuice

Coolermaster power supplies are not "junk".

Not my first choice, but not a terrible choice either.

6. onesize

onesize Thread Starter

thank you for your quick responses. as for now, i cannot find a 550 watt unit near me (i mean a store near my location. cause i will be buying these components in a shop near my location.) can i still go with this coolmaster 500w psu, while i wait for a 550watt unit? thanks for the tip on the harddrive. i have found a western digital black hard drive, it costs alot more, so i think i'll have to wait for awhile before i get the other stuffs i need for this setup.

anyway, thanks again. and by the way, will a kingston ddr3 2gb ram (will be buying 2x for a 4gb ram) do with this setup? or should i go with an HP, corsair, crucial, or toshiba rams?

7. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

Not all, just most. They switch suppliers often and I have seen firsthand many failed Cooler Master power supplies. The XFX I linked is a million times better and it's made by Sea Sonic. I should add that most of their power supplies are made by Acbell Polytech and Seventeam, both of which are not even near the top when it comes to power supply manufactures.

8. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

I myself would go with Corsair ram out of those choices.

9. onesize

onesize Thread Starter

then i guess, i'll just wait for that too. i mean, i can always order that 550watt unit from the shop. i'll just have to pay some extra, but it'll be worth the wait.

corsair it is. the motherboard supports up to 16gb of ram, but i don't want to pump it up to its limit. besides i don't think i'll be kicking 16gb of ram. so i would just like to put 4gb of ram, or maybe upgrade it to 8gb ram later.

10. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

I have 8 gigs running Win 7 64 bit and with lots of programs open I haven't seen it use over 35% of the 8 gigs.

11. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

Also the Cooler Master power supply only has a 2 year warranty while XFX has a 5 year warranty so that says it all!

12. onesize

onesize Thread Starter

ok i understand what you mean. thank you for your suggestions.

i'll be starting to buy the components maybe later next month. i guess i'll start with the processor. thank you again.

13. onesize

onesize Thread Starter

by the way, i was thinking of buying this ram from corsair.

"corsair 4gb vengeance lp"
    http://www.wireshop.it/corsair-4gb-ddr3-1600mhz-240-pin-dimm-cl9-vengeance-lp-cml4gx3m1a1600c9/

is this a good one? i might buy 2 of these to get 8gb of ram.

then i was wondering if i should get a cpu cooler too. and i saw these three.

"Thermaltake CLP0574 120mm Jing CPU Cooler"
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106163

"Spinq Vt Cpu Cooler"
    http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-CLP0554-Spinq-Cpu-Cooler/dp/B002XSHQOU

"Thermaltake Frio Advanced Universal CPU Cooler"
    http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Advanced-Universal-Over-Clocking-CLP0596/dp/B007UIX1R4

but something made me think. each of these three weighs around a kilo. isn't that a little heavy? can my motherboard handle a cooler that weighs around a kilo? oh yeah by the way, will a 550 watt psu unit be enough to handle everything? thanks in advance.

14. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

As long as it's a quality psu, then 550w will be good. It will allow room for a nice mid range or lower high end graphics card. If you're not overclocking the cpu then the stock cooler will work fine! Just make sure you clean it of dust at regular intervals.

15. onesize

onesize Thread Starter

oh ok, i don't think i'll be overclocking the cpu. so i guess i'll stick with the stock cooler. 550w psu will do the job then, i'll only be putting the necessary for now, mid-end graphics card, 1 hdd, 1 optic drive, 2x stick rams, my i5 processor, some few fans, and maybe a wireless adapter on the back. do you think i should just use a wireless reciever dongle for wireless connection, or should i get one of those pci expansion wifi modules?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice