1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc shut off won't turn back on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Purlex, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Purlex

Purlex Thread Starter

Was playing ark survival evolved and my pc just shut off I think it may have overheated because I only have one fan. When I turn it on nothing happens but on the gpu (rx 580) a red light flashes once when a blue light usually comes on.

Anyhelp would be great thanks.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Check that the GPU is snugly inserted.

3. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Like Lunarlander said. CHeck that the GPU is firmly seated. (Paraphrased)
    Even better, if you have an on-board vga? THen remove the GPu and see if it'll come to life just plugged in to the on-board. If that works, then reseat the GPU and check. If that doesn't work it's highly likely that the GPU has died.

4. Purlex

Purlex Thread Starter

Ive tried to reseat the gpu and still nothing also I got the red light after reseating. Also I think i forgit to mention that the cpu fan spins for just a second

Still looking for help

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    When I have a computer that doesn't power up, the first thing I do is try a different power supply.
    I have an old 2K desktop that wouldn't turn on last week. I opened it up and just removed the connection to the motherboard and 1 of the two hard drives. I took a spare power supply (wrong size and too few watts) and attached it to the motherboard and the 1 hard drive. I pressed the one button and it fired right up. That's how I knew it was the power supply and not a bad power cord or bad power switch.

I'm waiting for better weather to venture out and order a new proper ATX power supply.

Also I'd remove the current gpu and if you determine there is no problem with the power supply, use the onboard video for the time being.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223322

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice